Saturday, January 3, 2009

Our Christmas trip

So this year was our turn to spend Christmas with my family. All my sisters and their families were actually able to travel home to Albuquerque except for me. My brother already lives there. So my parents flew Ian, Jade, and I home. Such a huge blessing. We flew home on Christmas Eve and arrived at 2 in the afternoon. We had our tradition of eating pizza by candle light on Christmas Eve. We also did the traditions of my mom reading a Christmas story to all 25 of us and each person got to open one gift. I love traditions, it makes me feel like home and that I belong. Christmas Day we woke up and all the kids saw what Santa had brought them. Ian, Jade, and I exchanged our stockings. We opened our gifts to each other back in Utah cause we didn't have room to pack them. Then we showered and went to Ian's grandma's house where his parents were. We only got to stay for about a half an hour because Jade was sick and started to kind of freak out. We needed to take her home and put her to bed. Then we had Christmas dinner with my family. Later that night we did our other tradition of going to the church gym and playing basketball with everyone. I loved it! It was a great day being with all my family. The best part of Christmas was after the whole gift giving in the morning, our little family went and played on the stairs. We chased Jade up the stairs and she was laughing so hard. I was with the two most important people in my life and I kissed my sweet husband. It was such a special moment and that was what Christmas really means.

No comments: